The internationally recognised Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS UK) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is not only a qualification that will train you to become a Pool Lifeguard but can also be a stepping stone into a career within the leisure industry.
The NPLQ + the First Aid at Work (FAW) course requires 100% attendance. In order to perform lifeguard duties candidates must be physically fit, have good vision and hearing, be mentally alert and self-disciplined. The course will be delivered using a variety of methods including:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Flip Chart Exercises
- Guided Group Discussions
- Guided Group Activities
- Practical Demonstrations and Training
The NPLQ certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of successful completion of the course. The First Aid at Work (FAW) certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of successful completion of the course.
Candidates must be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:
- Must be 16 years of age prior to assessment
- Jump/swim into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front on back
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/step and where the pool design permits
You are required to bring the following items to the course
- Photographic Identification (must be shown to the trainer on the first day of the course)
- Swimming costume
- Shorts and t-shirt to be worn in the water
- Pen / pencil
Tea, coffee and water are provided throughout the day free of charge, however, food is not provided; you may purchase food in the Aqua lounge, or bring sufficient for your own needs. Some of the days may include water work on more than one occasion and candidates may prefer to bring two sets of towels, shorts and t-shirts.
Please download our Enrolment Form here.
2019 Course Dates
|18th-23rd February 19||(booking is essential)|
|8th-13th April 19||(booking is essential)|
|27th May - 1st June 19||(booking is essential)|
|29th July - 3rd August 19||(booking is essential)|
|21st - 26th October 19||(booking is essential)|