Riviera International Conference Centre
What Personal Data Does RICC Collect?
RICC collects personal data which identifies you or that can be used to identify you. This personal data may include information such as your name, age, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, organisation name, job title, business address, bank and payment details.
How is personal data collected by RICC?
- RICC website, contact form
- Email, post, telephone
- In person: events, conferences, exhibitions
- Ticket Purchases Online
- RICC social media channels
Why we need your data
We need your data to facilitate the provision of a product or service to you as a customer, member or supplier. We will only collect the information that is essential to enable us to provide and oversee this service to you.
How does RICC use your personal data?
- Administering and managing your membership of RICC
- To communicate relevant information regarding RICC events and offers
- Advertising, promoting and marketing the business, products, services and activities of RICC that may be of interest to you (including, without limitation, sending you e-mail notifications and otherwise alerting you to information regarding RICC events and offers)
- To continue to develop the business, goods, services and activities of RICC
- To respond to enquiries and to keep you updated with the progression of any ongoing investigations
Personal Data will only be processed where one or more of the following conditions apply:
- You have provided us with explicit consent to process your data
- We have legitimate interests, which include processing Personal Data for the purposes of providing, improving and advertising our products, services and information
- Where such processing is necessary to perform a contractual agreement with you or in preparation of entering into a contract with you
- When necessary to comply with a legal obligation, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
Links to other Websites
RICC’s website may contain links to other sites not controlled or monitored by RICC. These sites may independently send you cookies and collect data and information. RICC is not responsible for, and does not accept any liability for, their actions or the content of their sites.
Who RICC may disclose your personal data to
All personal data is processed internally by our staff in the UK, however RICC may share part or all of your personal data with the following third-party categories or persons:
- RICC for the purpose of administering and managing your membership and member events. Such representatives are obliged to comply with a Code of Conduct in relation to their use and storage of your personal data
- Government/Regulatory authorities, if legally required to do so, or if RICC believes necessary in connection with an investigation of any activity that is illegal or may expose RICC to any liability
- IT hosting and maintenance
- For the purposes of event organisation, hosting platforms and venues
- Third parties in connection with any proposed merger and/or acquisition, re-organisation, or sale of all or substantially all of RICC’s business
We may use data processors within your region to provide you with information relating to RICC services. We have contracts in place with our data processors that dictate how your data is used and the period of which it is retained. Our data processors will not share your information with any other organisation apart from us.
Transfer of Personal Data Internationally
Our staff are sometimes required to work overseas and therefore required to connect to external servers or data connections throughout their duration in any particular destination. By providing us with your data, you acknowledge and agree to this potential requirement. Where personal data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, appropriate safeguards have been implemented to ensure data is secure and privacy is protected to the same standard as it is in the EU. Data will never be intentionally shared with international organisations.
RICC takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data you disclose to RICC remains in a secure environment. However, RICC cannot and does not guarantee that your personal data will be free from unauthorised interception or access and, except in cases of fraud by RICC, RICC shall not be liable to you for any losses caused by any such unauthorised interception or access.
RICC is committed to protecting the personal data you supply to us. Information collected will be relevant to the purposes for which it is intended and we will do our utmost to ensure that such data is accurate and complete. Whenever personal data is obtained from you, you can request the information as to how that data will be used.
RICC will retain information you have supplied to us for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of which it is being processed or as long as the law requires.
-Financial records will be kept for six years
-Member specific data will be kept for the period you subscribe to receive communication from us, or a legal or financial obligation requires us to retain the data.
-Individuals who have unsubscribed from all communications and who are no longer using a RICC service or product will be removed from the system, providing there are no other legal or financial obligations compelling us to retain the data.
Right to Withdraw Consent
It is RICC’s intention to give individuals as much control as is reasonably possible over how their personal data is processed by RICC. Accordingly, you are able to amend your preferences at any time to opt-in or opt-out of communications. Please note, the right to withdraw consent does not override any legal requirements stipulating data processing.
Should you wish to amend your consent preferences for receiving communications, please do so by clicking unsubscribe at any time at the bottom of an email, by emailing [email protected] or by writing to Customer Services Team, Riviera Centre, Chestnut Avenue, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 5LZ. Please note any changes may take up to 14 days to take effect.
Review, Correction, Access, Questions, and Comments
If at any time you wish to update the personal data you have provided to RICC; wish to see RICC’s records relating to your personal data; if you have any questions or comments about RICC’s privacy practices; or if you wish to exercise your right to erasure please contact RICC.
Making a Complaint